Special education teacher salary in Saint George, UT
How much does a Special Education Teacher make in Saint George, UT?
Average base salary
The average salary for a special education teacher is $67,267 per year in Saint George, UT. 13 salaries reported, updated at July 19, 2023
Salaries by years of experience in Saint George, UT
|Years of experience||Per year|
|Less than 1 year|
|1 to 2 years|
|3 to 5 years|
|6 to 9 years|
|More than 10 years|
Top companies for Special Education Teachers in Saint George, UT
Highest paying cities for Special Education Teachers near Saint George, UT
Where can a Special Education Teacher earn more?Compare salaries for Special Education Teachers in different locations
Best-paid skills and qualifications for Special Education Teachers
Crisis Intervention(earn +138.90% more)
The jobs requiring this skill have increase by 9.88% since 2018. Special Education Teachers with this skill earn +138.90% more than the average base salary, which is $67,267 per year.
|Year||Number of job openings on Indeed requiring this skill||Change from previous year|
|2012||12||increase by 12|
|2013||77||increase by 541.67%|
|2014||218||increase by 183.12%|
|2015||178||decrease by 18.35%|
|2016||233||increase by 30.90%|
|2017||131||decrease by 43.78%|
|2018||162||increase by 23.66%|
|2019||178||increase by 9.88%|
Top companies hiring Special Education Teachers with the recommended skill
More critical skills and qualifications that pay well
Most common benefits for Special Education Teachers
- 401(k) matching
- AD&D insurance
- Continuing education credits
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Loan forgiveness
- Loan repayment program
- Opportunities for advancement
- Paid housing
- Paid sick time
- Paid time off
- Paid training
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Travel reimbursement
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Work from home
Salary satisfactionBased on 6,998 ratings
42% of Special Education Teachers in the United States think their salaries are enough for the cost of living in their area.
How much do similar professions get paid in Saint George, UT?
Common questions about salaries for a Special Education Teacher
How can I know if I am being paid fairly?
If you’re unsure about what salary is appropriate for a special education teacher position, visit Indeed's Salary Calculator to get a free, personalized pay range based on your location, industry and experience.
How can special education teachers increase their salary?
To increase your salary as a special education teacher, consider the following options:
- Pursue a master's degree. Those who earn a master's degree in special education can receive higher earnings and stand out among competitors. An advanced degree could also help you negotiate salary expectations.
- Apply for administrative positions. You can also potentially increase your salary by applying for administrative roles within special education, such as special education coordinator.
- Search by state. A contributing factor to salary can be the geographic location of one's employment. Consider researching the highest paying states and applying for jobs in those areas.